769 North Clark Street
Built in 1915 during the Depression, the owners of house 203 on the corner of Indiana Avenue and Clark sold their back yard to save their home. Previously owned by Maryville College, it was converted into a duplex in the mid 1960’s and reconverted back into a single house dwelling in 1989. The master bedroom and tree house room were added on during renovation along with the front and back gables, making it a four gable house. The house is a story and a half with the upstairs shaped as a cross. The windows and doors were enlarged on the ground using materials that were popular during the 1930’s. Many upgrades and changes have been made to the home including replacement of old plumbing, electrical wiring and most of the plaster and sheet rock.
509 N. Clark Street
This lovely T-Plan home has been passed through many hands throughout its life-time. It was built in 1902 for Miss Della Goddard. Please click here for more information.